Svetlana Amegankpoe (Frolova) was born on October 18, 1962 in Moscow (Russia). In 1980, she graduated from the Moscow Art School, and continued her studies at the Moscow State Art Institute “Surikov” in department of monumental painting in the workshop of Yury Korolev. In 1985, she graduated and received a Master of Fine Arts degree. After studies, Svetlana moved to her husband in Benin, and in 1993, the whole family moved to Mali (West Africa).
Today, she lives in Bamako (Mali) and works for “Donniya - Imprim Color” Publishing / Printing House as a designer and illustrator, she illustrates children's and school books. She has also worked for other publishing houses such as Bayard Presse (France), BLD (Senegal) and Unicef (Mali).
Since 2016, Svetlana has devoted herself to miniature modeling in her spare time, creating collectible miniature scenes, items and dolls.
• Participant of art exhibitions and competitions (Benin, Ethiopia, Mali, Russia).
• Participant of permanent exhibitions at regional institutions (BCAO, FAGACE) in Cotonou, Benin and in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
• Participant of cultural events and book salons in Mali, Italy, France, Cote Divoire, Senegal, South Africa.
• Participant of international exhibitions of children's illustrations:
Bologna Children's Book Fair, Italy,
Biennial of Illustrations Bratislava BIB, Slovakia,
International Traveling Exhibition of African illustrations "Amabhuku" in France, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Togo, Benin, Cameroon, Mali.
• Conducts master classes for artists and children in Mali and abroad.
• Most of her artworks are in private collections in France, Belgium, Great Britain, Australia , Mali and Morocco.